Top 10 Apologetics Tips of the Year
For the past two years, I have been tweeting an apologetics tip each day (well, at least most days). Here are the top 10 apologetics tips from 2016. Below are the top apologetics Tips from 2017 in descending order.
As you can see, some are tips for understanding and others are tips for practice. Many of these are from my book A New Kind of Apologist and others are simply from my research and experience. Enjoy!
10. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Even though He doesn't need us, God still loves us. Why? Love is not just what God does. It's who He is.”
9. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Have the courage to stand by your convictions, whether they are popular or not.”
8. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Don't pray for God to bless you today. Pray that God will make you a blessing to others."
7. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Gender dysphoria is psychological. Intersex is biological. Transgenderism is political.”
6. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “If a seeker is open to considering the claims of Christ, don’t give him/her an apologetics book first. Offer the Gospel of John...and then an apologetics book.”
5. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “There is no single apologetics or evangelism method that works for everyone. People are different.”
4. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “If your views never run up against the wider culture, then ask yourself how biblically faithful you’re being.”
3. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Freedom is not doing whatever you want, but having the capacity to do what you ought.”
2. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Remember, even people who reject, scorn, or hate God are (1) made in His image and (2) live in His world.”
1. Apologetics Tip of the Day: “Snarky condescension will change no one’s mind. If you want to influence, lead with kindness and charity.”
Sean McDowell, Ph.D. is a professor of Christian Apologetics at Biola University, best-selling author, popular speaker, part-time high school teacher, and the Resident Scholar for Summit Ministries, California. Follow him on Twitter: @sean_mcdowell and his blog: seanmcdowell.org.